Unable to delete an API proxy.

Not applicable

Whenever I try to delete an API proxy,it is asking me to undeploy it first.Whenever i am undeploying it from 'test' environment and reloading the page,it is getting auto deployed. and throwing an exception

Error in deployment for environment test. The revision is deployed, but traffic cannot flow. ; and com.apigee.kernel.exceptions.spi.UncheckedException{ code = messaging.runtime.UnknownEventReceived, message = Received an unknown event with description DELETE Application /organizations/raj_3105/apiproxies/weatheryahooapis_test/revisions/1/, associated contexts = []}

Solved Solved
1 8 1,170
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hi @Rajarshee Mukhopadhyay , please try using force=true through the management API.

/v1/organizations/$org/apis/$application/revisions/$RevToUndeploy/deployments?action=undeploy&env=$environment&force=true

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Dear @Rajarshee Mukhopadhyay ,

Welcome to Apigee Community.

I can able to delete API Proxy from Edge UI without undeploying it. Are you on Cloud ? Can you attach a screenshot with error message ? Are you using EDGE UI or some command line tool to delete API Proxy ?

You need to wait some time for deletion to successful , don't reload the page while request is in process.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Thanks @Anil Sagar

I am using Cloud version.

when i try to delete the proxy .I got the following error

993-capture.png

My deployment status as follows

994-capture.png

(Once i refresh the below page its auto deployed[partially] again)

995-capture3.png

@Maruti Chand Any idea ? Is it org specific issue ?

I believe one of Mps is causing this but probably the API pointed by @Diego Zuluaga should help if not support team should check .

Can not delete Revision 7 of ApiProxy purchase-path-review in organization aasthajain53-trial. Undeploy the ApiProxy and try again.

Hey @Anil Sagar,please help me with a solution?

Not applicable

Hi @Rajarshee Mukhopadhyay , please try using force=true through the management API.

/v1/organizations/$org/apis/$application/revisions/$RevToUndeploy/deployments?action=undeploy&env=$environment&force=true

Thanks @Diego Zuluaga

It worked !

nsureshindia
Participant II

This error seems something special and related to MPs issue or partial updates in Casandra store. If you can't undeploy /delete this version/proxy then better remove the proxy manually or using management API and configure again.