Apigee Cache Query

Not applicable

Hi,

I have the following questions related to Apigee caching mechanism?

1. Is there any restrictions on the size of an individual cache entry or the total cache size that is enforced by the platform and not configurable?

2. Is caching distributed across DCs?

We need to cache response that can potentially be greater than 256KB but the cache needs to be distributed across the MPs and the DCs

Regards,

Brajesh

0 4 623
4 REPLIES 4

See similar question here which answers part of above question.

Not applicable

Hi @brajesh_de@yahoo.com ,

#1 The link pointed by @Anil Sagar should answer this one .

#2 Yes if you have a single environment across the Mps and DCs.

The cache entries are created at env level and all entries are stored with env name as the prefix in Cassandra

Thanks for the responses. This contradicts with the following documentation at http://apigee.com/docs/api-services/content/persistence

"To optimize performance, cached responses larger than 256 KB are not distributed across the Apigee Edge server infrastructure. It's possible that a cached response will not be retrieved if it is cached on one server, but the request is handled by a different distributed server. In this case, you may see API calls that are sent to the backend even though they have been cached."

Can you please help clarify to understand what this limitation is about?

Regards,

Brajesh

@brajesh_de@yahoo.com , Thanks for pointing that . I was unaware of this until you pointed .

I believe its not a limitation but it was added to avoid overhead on Cassandra nodes. if an entry is not replicated for some unknown reasons or takes long time on a different region (DC) C* nodes , the API will hit the backend anyways to get the response and MP caches it .

(Basically one extra call to backend and cache it instead of relying on C* replication and burden it )