Trace is stuck

Hi,

I have an api proxy and am tracing some requests in the trace session. The trace session works fine for all the http methods except POST. For POST requests, the trace goes only until the request flow. as shown in the image and it doesn't complete fully and gets stuck. But I am able to get the response for the api. The issue is with trace. Not sure how to resolve this

After 10 mins, it just hangs. The trace works for all other HTTP methods (GET, PUT, PATCH etc). Also this happens only for this specific api proxy. I can trace other api proxies for all the methods

Can someone pls help ?

Thanks

Ram

10398-trace-image.png

1 8 370
8 REPLIES 8

This seems like an issue for Apigee support.

Not applicable

This I have faced sometime.

If a particular operation is taking longtime and Apigee message processor waits long time to get the connection closed with the backend. In that case you see this type of trace.

Hi Dino, I have created a support ticket for this. The wierd part is that the api returns success from a rest client but trace is still stuck for POST calls

yep, that IS weird. I don't have a good explanation for why that would be. something is hung up in the Trace pipeline.

Not applicable

I could replicate this using POST. when your request payload is huge the processing happens longer and that I could see.

I guess the issue is not with the request payload. I tried with an empty json { } POST request an still the trace says "waiting for transaction" infinitely, But I have got a successful response from the api

Hmm, your case is different. Can you try directly hitting the router and same for message processor.

@Priyadarshi You pointed in the right direction. The issue was in response size which was about 1 MB. I enabled response streaming and now I can see the full E-2E trace session without being hung.

The issue is resolved now. Thank you