Increase the length of authorization code or access token

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way we can increase the length of authorization code and access token generated by APIGEE?

I see auth code generated by apigee has only 8 characters. We have as a specific requirement where consumers are looking for lengthy code and access token.

0 6 795
6 REPLIES 6

We have as a specific requirement where consumers are looking for lengthy code and access token.

I'm curious, What is the reason for this?

You can contact Apigee support for assistance in changing the length of the code, token, client id, or client secret. For SaaS, they have a relatively easy way to do it. For OPDK, they may be able to give you instructions for how to do it yourself.

The access token and code length seems to be very short. The access token is valid for an Hour and some cases 8hrs. Though Oauth RFC does not recommend any length. We want to increase the length of the Authorization Code and Access Token so that it wont cracked.

Is there anyway we can change it or need to engage respective APIGEE support?

you can take help of Apigee support to do product level configuration change.

accesstoken validity you can change in the policy level.

Hello all,

this is an old topic - nevertheless I am interested in the answer. Is there any way to change the size of tokens and authentication codes or not?

I think on Apigee X or hybrid, there is not, but on prior versions, you can connect with Apigee support to help you. 

Can you answer this:  WHY are you interested in changing the size of the tokens or codes?