Do not see ' Request sent to target server'

Hi,

I am new to Apigee.

I have added a new target server. I am making Get request and I do not see 'Request sent to target server' in the trace. I am getting a 502 error. When I change the target server I get 404. If I change the target server as well as the target path then I get a successful response.

The target server and path combination that gives me an error, if I try it from the postman, it works successfully. What am I missing?

I am trying to connect to a server that is outside network.

0 5 357
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

This is a known error. Please try to do a curl request from your message processor to the backend. I guess the connection is refused.

You need to establish that connection.

hi Priyadarshni,

I do not see the curl reuest as well. I do not see the entire step of sending data to server.

That you will not see if that is immediately getting rejected by your message processor. Two cases happen.

1. your message processor is not connecting that request and immediately refuses request because of network or certificate issue.

2. your target url configuration is wrong.

That's why just to check the connection phase try below command in your all message processors(to the one if you know which message processor has processed the request.

example :

curl -v "http://abc.com"

Hi Mugdha,

Try verify the Telnet connectivity with your Traget server from your apigee server (on prem) Linux server.

Telnet <targetserverhostname/IP> <80/443>

you can also try pinging the target servers from apigee MP host server.

some times you may need to work out with networks and backend team get the firewall open between your MP server and target server.

Let me know.

Regards,

Imran

Same issue I encountered, only for 502 Bad Gateway with error detail Unexpected EOF at target