Proxy in Edge UI to generate and validate JWT token using java callout.

Hi All,

Do you know how can I create a proxy in Apigee Edge UI which uses java callout (which has already been provided by the client) to generate a signed JWT token and also validate it.

Thanks

0 3 149
3 REPLIES 3

Apigee includes builtin policies for generating JWT and verifying JWT.

It's probably a bad idea to use an external Java callout to do this job. 5 Years ago, the external Java callout was required. Now, it's not.

So I suggest you speak to your client, and advise them that you should use the builtin policies.

Here is a playlist of screencasts talking about various aspects of using JWT within Apigee.

Hi Dino thanks for the response but apparently that is what they want.

Also, they are already developing a java callout but want us to create a proxy which can use the java callout to generate and validate JWT.

apparently that is what they want.

I understand, and, it seems like they want the wrong thing. Not to be too flip about it, but my 4 yr old wanted ice cream for every meal, and that was also a bad idea. Sometimes people want the wrong things when they're not thinking through all the implications.

If they persist in doing it the hard (wrong) way, then... you can rely on the Apigee documentation. Building a proxy that uses a Java callout is pretty straightforward. And it's documented. See "How to create a Java callout", which really describes how to build a Java callout and how to embed it into an API Proxy.