Unable to reach virtual host after onboarding new org

Hi,

I am facing a problem when I recently onboarded a new org in a private apigee 3 node installation.

Old org has 3 environments (3 virtual hosts with port 9001/2/3 respectively)

new org has 1 environment ( virtual host with port 9004)

But none of the API calls to the old org are working (getting connection refused error in postman). When I checked listen ports on the server, only 9004 is listening but others are not (which they were working before).

Looking for some immediate help. Thanks all.

0 6 253
6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

This is because of same port use in multiple virtual hosts. The nginx config gets corrupted.

You can run the command

/opt/nginx/scripts/apigee-nginx -t

This will show error. You can remove the conflict port virtulhost and restart the router

Thanks so much for your quick response....My mistake...i made a typo in my question..there are no conflicting ports..the new org is using 9004 as the virtual host port..

Still you can run that command. If any config error will be there related to virtual host it will show. As you are saying the ports are not listening. If that is the case try changing the port number to something new. If that works then fix the port numbers working with your Unix/network team.

Thanks.

So just now i deleted the new org (sandbox) i created and old org started working again.

On-prem installation does not support multiple orgs ? if it does, are there any requirements for number of routers/message processors ?

Not applicable

No, onprem supports multiple organizations. There would be some error at the virtual host or nginx configuration. Did you run the command I had shared?

I deleted and onboarded the org again since it was new and everything seems to be working fine now. All virtual hosts are accepting traffic.

$ /opt/nginx/scripts/apigee-nginx -t Usage: nginx {start|stop|restart|condrestart|try-restart|force-reload|upgrade|reload|reload-queue|status|help|configtest}

Thanks so much for your help and comments.