Bug in 4.50.00? policies between two service calls-outs are not displayed on trace

We have observed that policies between two service calls-outs are not displayed on trace with v4.50.00 of Apigee. Can anybody confirm that this is a bug?

Solved Solved
2 12 678
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Siddharth,

This is a current known-issue when using the UI Trace feature. At this moment in time, it is being worked on by our product engineering teams. I will post a response once a fix has been issued, but in the meantime we can suggest a potential workaround.

The problem only seems to occur with a second callout. By adding a RaiseFault policy right before the 2nd callout, the Trace should pick up the policy that is currently missing.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Siddharth,

This is a current known-issue when using the UI Trace feature. At this moment in time, it is being worked on by our product engineering teams. I will post a response once a fix has been issued, but in the meantime we can suggest a potential workaround.

The problem only seems to occur with a second callout. By adding a RaiseFault policy right before the 2nd callout, the Trace should pick up the policy that is currently missing.

Thank You Ben for the confirmation. We will try the workaround as you suggested. Appreciate your response.

We counted some bugs also, as you mentined:
1. with even single service callout, response body not returned in the trace

2. when you will use more than one callout, first callout will be empty, second you will se the response of first, and third you will see response of seconds (third - no response)

3. all policies in-between not displayed in the trace:

10368-2.png

trace:

10367-1.png

But I can confirm, that F12 dev console reveals that the response from the trace session HOLDS the actual data, it is just not rendered correctly on UI level

(by that I mean browsers receive response correctly but UI cannot render it)

http://xxxxxxx:9000/ws/proxy/organizations/sandbox/environments/sandbox/apis/abca/revisions/2/debugs...

in XML format (offline trace is not working as well)

Denis, are you able to evaluate v4.50.03 to see if those problems have been corrected?

We will update (the product) and update here 🙂

Hi Siddharth,

I'm pleased to report that this bug has been patched in the latest 4.50.00.03 release:

https://docs.apigee.com/release/notes/4500003-private-cloud-relnotes

Please note the bug is not currently mentioned in the 'Bugs fixed' section, but the fix has been included in the patch. Let me know if you have any questions.

Awesome. Thanks.

Thank you for confirmation Ben Miles. Much Appreciate the follow up and the fix.

Unfortunately my previous id is locked out, kindly close the issue if you please.

Regards

Siddharth

@Ben Miles, we have found another bug, same group, see my last message in this thread.

It seems that 4.50.00.05 fixed this,

https://docs.apigee.com/release/notes/4500005-private-cloud-relnotes

although, it's not documented, can some1 confirm?

@Ben Miles

We found a new bug in same place.

When you have proxy logic like this:

[Service callout 1] [any policy in between] [Service callout 2]

10514-scall-bug.png

and second callout will return any 4xx\5xx errors, all the policies between callouts are not showed (however they are there, inside the trace session, UI just can't present them). (also the js prints)

this is only on classic UI on OPDK 4.50 latest (04)

SaaS with new experience don't have this bug