How to download Integrated Portal Content for Source Control Purposes

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hi,

We would like to save our Integrated Portal content to Source Control for versioning purposes.

Is there Management API for us to download the Theme, Pages, Users, APIs, Assets, Menus, Settings etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
1 9 520
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We are actively working on APIs which will enable this use case.  These should be released end of Q4.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Maneesh! There is currently no formalized way to download Portal related data. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will consider this as a feature request going forward.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification.

Is there at least a way for us replicate a production portal to a PreProd portal, instead of manually downloading html, css files and copying to another portal?

So that we can work on the PreProd portal and then copy the changes to Prod portal once everything is working OK on PreProd portal?

When you say "PreProd" is that within the same org as "Prod" or a different one?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

In our case, same org.

Then may I also ask whether you're treating the preprod portal as a content staging site, effectively treating the content as having a lifecycle? Or is this more about creating a catalog of APIs that are in a pre-production state, and then you want to graduate content with that?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Our portal in non-prod org has company internal content and portal in prod org has external facing content. That is the reason we have two portal in two different orgs with different content.

So our need is to have a replica of the portals in that respective org only.

The idea of graduating the content from one org to another does not apply to us, currently.

Hi Apigee Team,

Is "download portal data" feature under consideration , as i also have the same need , where we i have to download the content for backup and versioning.

Thanks,

Sanjeev 

We are actively working on APIs which will enable this use case.  These should be released end of Q4.

optimism
Participant V

I'm voting for the subject to be implemented👍 Looking forward to the release in Q4.