Apigee hybrid on Anthos GKE on prem runtime scaling: containers per cpu/etc. recommendations

We are installing Apigee hybrid on on prem Anthos GKE. I see the recommendations as far as production and non production minimum requirements:

https://docs.apigee.com/hybrid/v1.2/anthos-cluster-setup

runtime node requirements for prod are 8 CPU, 16 GB RAM minimum, but I didn't see any documentation as far as recommended number of CPUs per environment or container. There is obviously a dependency on traffic, I'm just looking for some overall recommendations or minimums to get us started.

0 1 406
1 REPLY 1

Hi Chad - As you note there are multiple factors that go into sizing an Apigee hybrid deployment, including the transactions per second, number of environments, etc.

I suggest reaching out to your account team and request our hybrid performance benchmark report. At the end of this report are some tables that you can use to size your clusters to get a good starting point. This report can be shared when a non-disclosure agreement is in place.

We of course recommend that you do your own testing to ensure that you have the required sizing to handle your workloads. Our documents will give you a good approximation, but depending on your exact workloads you may find that you may need fewer or possibly more resources.