Apigee Filesystem gets wiped out

Not applicable

It's not the first time I am facing this issue. Before five years also I had faced this issue and didn't get any helpful response from Apigee support.

I again noticed last week 10 RMPS were running and when I tried to restart I found the apigee filesystems are missing. Fortunately, our Unix Storage Team had taken the image backup of all the servers every day. So, we did restore.

As RCA now we need why? We checked with unix history there is no track like delete. For note let me specify the apigee directory is a mounted drive in the server. Unix team also confirmed there was no issue with the mount and that looks good.

Can anyone explain why this happened or did anyone face this issue anytime?

0 2 241
2 REPLIES 2

This is very mysterious.

As far as I am aware, apigee would not make any manipulations on its directory structures outside of install or upgrade processes.

Any other evidence/details? Ie., was top level /opt/apigee directory deleted? Or component directories? Were mount tables removed? Anyone else that has an access to those mounted drive (like backup-and-clean-up software)?

It would be a good idea to set up any auditing software (ie, https://www.thegeekdiary.com/how-to-use-auditd-to-monitor-a-file-deletion-in-linux/) so that next time we can capture additional information.

I am curious too if anyone else experienced similar problem.

/opt/apigee was there, the directory was empty. I had faced this earlier as I said. No clue is there from Unix support team. They say all good at their end. I am just going to create a support ticket with Apigee.