Is it possible to create an Integrated Portal via the REST API?

mail-2

https://apidocs.apigee.com/api-reference/content/introduction

Would have to be here. But I'm not sure if it's not there or if I'm not finding it.

Solved Solved
0 6 243
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, you can only provision a portal from the UI today. May I ask why you would want to create a portal via the API?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

No, you can only provision a portal from the UI today. May I ask why you would want to create a portal via the API?

The portal is part of the overall deployed product. So having a way to deploy it in an automated and reproducible fashion would be in harmony with the philosophy of CI/CD. It's not of big importance at the moment for me - I guess if it was I'd just resort to the Drupal options.

A portal is an entire channel for bringing API products to market for consumer-developers. Is that something is likely to map to your CI/CD process? This is not unlike creating an org, which is done rarely and acts as a kind of container. For this reason, creating a portal is only done through the UI as you align it to your business strategy.

right - creating a portal is a one time thing. Publishing APIs to the portal might be something people would want to automate. That's a different thing than "creating a portal".

okay, I surrender

Not applicable

You can use your own api portal. Most of the companies who have apigee onprem create their own developer portal. You can use management api and swagger api integration to provide your own api devloper portal.