Does the management plane of apigee hybrid include "microgateway"?

csfi

Hello,

¿is it possible to use edgemicro with apigee hybrid solution? I've tried to connect from my corporative laptop

edgemicro.cmd configure -o my-poc -e labenv -u myuser@mycompany.com

and the response is a 401, of course I'm using my correct credentials.

2020-07-16T13:17:44.671Z [21416] [microgateway edgemicro] current nodejs version is v12.18.2 2020-07-16T13:17:44.673Z [21416] [microgateway edgemicro] current edgemicro version is 3.1.5 password: 2020-07-16T13:17:50.256Z [21416] [microgateway-config io] file doesn't exist, setting up 2020-07-16T13:17:51.231Z [21416] [microgateway configure] Error: HTTP error 401 at Request._callback (C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\apigeetool\lib\commands\listdeployments.js:93:12) at Request.self.callback (C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\request\request.js:185:22) at Request.emit (events.js:315:20) at Request.<anonymous> (C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\request\request.js:1154:10) at Request.emit (events.js:315:20) at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edgemicro\node_modules\request\request.js:1076:12) at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:421:28) at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:327:22) at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1221:12) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)
Solved Solved
0 2 316
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

One of the main use cases of the microgateway is to be able to have an API Gateway close to the internal backend services and/or internal API consumers.

Apigee hybrid can also cover that use case and offer you a fully featured API Gateway runtime.

Thus, microgateway is designed to operate with Apigee Edge (SaaS).

Having said that if you still see the need to deploy a lightweight API gateway that is connected to Apigee hybrid (perhaps you need to deploy this in a separate region from where your Apigee hybrid runtime is), you should consider the Apigee Adapter for Envoy, currently in beta. This Adapter is designed to work both with Apigee Edge (SaaS) and hybrid.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mail-2

"If you are using Edge Microgateway, you can expand your API adoption because hybrid overcomes key limitations of Edge Microgateway."

(https://docs.apigee.com/hybrid/v1.2/what-is-hybrid#advantages)

I'd interprete this as a yes.

One of the main use cases of the microgateway is to be able to have an API Gateway close to the internal backend services and/or internal API consumers.

Apigee hybrid can also cover that use case and offer you a fully featured API Gateway runtime.

Thus, microgateway is designed to operate with Apigee Edge (SaaS).

Having said that if you still see the need to deploy a lightweight API gateway that is connected to Apigee hybrid (perhaps you need to deploy this in a separate region from where your Apigee hybrid runtime is), you should consider the Apigee Adapter for Envoy, currently in beta. This Adapter is designed to work both with Apigee Edge (SaaS) and hybrid.