Scrum question in the practice exam - huh?

mail-2

I just took the practice exam and one of the seven questions was not about Apigee at all but instead about Scrum ... what is this supposed to mean?

Solved Solved
0 4 186
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Raffael2020,

The Apigee certification exam expects you understand the complete life cycle in the development of APIs, including the project management methodologies that are applicable for API development. You may see questions related to scrum in the actual exam as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Raffael2020,

The Apigee certification exam expects you understand the complete life cycle in the development of APIs, including the project management methodologies that are applicable for API development. You may see questions related to scrum in the actual exam as well.

Fair enough - but a bit random in my opinion.

Are there any other subjects covered which you might not expect because they only loosely relate to Apigee?

A few generic items that I can think of -

Development processes - backlog grooming, tasks, code reviews, unit tests, smoke tests, simulation/integration tests; deployment processes - validating a deployment etc

code quality & Best practices - naming conventions

You can find a list of topics that we cover in the Certification Study Guide, which includes CI/CD and methodologies. There are many topics in the body of Apigee thought leadership works that cover (among other things) successful project approaches, and where those opinions intersect with topics on the study guide, you can be confident there will be a question.

I wouldn't argue that these are "loosely related" as opinionated methodologies are in fact part of why Apigee has seen more success than some other products with similar capabilities which did not have these strong opinions about design, methodology or practice.