Custom registration fields not sent in Email to admin for approval

sandens
Participant I

When a new Dev Account user fills out the registration form we are requiring that they enter 2 additional custom fields .. a phone# and a company name. They are required to do so in order that we can better verify the user who it registering to use our API's. We are also requiring that the account creation be approved by an administrator.

I tried to modify the email template for the New Account Creation and added {{cust_company_name}} which was the input field name in the form.. but it wasn't recognized when submitted to create.do

Is there a trick to picking up this date from the form .. It would seem a bit pointless to allow for additional fields and not have a means to use the provided data. Hoping I'm just missing something,

Thx.

0 4 181
4 REPLIES 4

There isn't a way to reference custom dimensions in approval emails to admins. It is meant to enable custom attributes on those users, and I can see why that might be useful to approvers. I noted this in our backlog.

As I mentioned we are requiring access to these dimensions for the approval process in Service Now before allowing the Developer to signup. How would one get a hold of this data.

After the user creates the account, filling out these required custom fields, these fields are not appearing in the custom attributes section for the user. The management api as well returns an empty array of attributes

Is this expected? or should this be in a support ticket?

The custom fields on registration are part of the portal user's metadata. A portal user would not have an associated developer entity in Apigee until they create a developer-owned app.

If they create a team app, that wouldn't be owned by an individual, and that info wouldn't be relevant in the same way.

I do understand that the registration information may be useful in reviewing an account approval event, but that requires a future enhancement, which I've noted in our design documents.

Thx .. I appreciate the follow-up