APIGEE Certification June - July 2020

pravsus
Participant I

Hi,

I am fascinated with the vision behind APIGEE and have been totally dedicated in developing my understanding towards it. As a check to my acquired knowledge, I took my first APIGEE developer certification course mid June and though I was sure of me doing the test well,I failed.

Considering that as an indication for more deeper preparation and understanding, I gave myself another month of totally dedicated time for preparations and attempted the certification again yesterday 8th, July. This time I am absolutely sure of doing the exam extremely well but to my surprise I failed again.

Its like I knew the answer to each and every question in the exam well, got a clear view of those tricky questions and ample time to finish the exam. All that which makes you 200% confident of job well done.

But the results were quite opposite. Now, I am muddled and not able to figure out where am I going wrong. I went thru almost all the questions which I remembered out of the exam and double checked with the documents, just to be sure if I am not totally mistaken about my view of doing the exam well. To my surprise, all those checks proves that I have done it well.

My preparations involved completing the training in 'Coursera', reading thru the APIGEE Doc, reading thru all the relevant community posts, 4min videos, practicing samples codes, ebooks, referring a lot of documents thru other channels, developing a sense of this product in a deeper way.

One thing which I noticed, probably its an insane thought but worth mentioning, my total scores were such, as if the number of questions answered by me as well as marked for review, which I diligently unmarked after review have not been taken into consideration in the total scoring. I mean like if x number of questions was marked for review, those were never considered in the total scoring, though all of those are answered. This is seen for both my first and second test's.

My question is whether there is a way to review my exam. I am totally perplexed and unhappy not because of my failed attempts but because of not knowing where I am going wrong.

I can now take the exam only after 2 months and I am worried whether I will again end up in a situation like this and will have no idea of the reasons.

I missed my recent test with just couple of points.

Not sure whether being open about my experience in this forum is the right thing to do, but frankly couldn't get my head around it and have no idea where to reach out other than the community.

Would appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks.

@Mike Dunker

0 0 168
0 REPLIES 0