Has anybody recently taken the exam? What is your impression?

mail-2
Participant IV

I've successfully taken an AWS and a GCP exam. And I must say I find this entire endeavor around preparing for the Apigee exam quite chaotic. The documentation (Coursera course from 2017) seems outdated and information for the exam rather sparse. Has someone here taken the exam recently and is willing to share her/his experience?

Solved Solved
0 6 6,688
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Raffael Vogler,

I cannot directly comment on the exam, since I haven't taken it in quite some time. We are also not allowed to create materials directly based on the exam itself.

However I have a couple of ideas for you. I created the Apigee Platform Learning Guide to try to curate a list of important topics and assets for API Engineers using Apigee. I haven't targeted the test specifically, but some have told me it has helped with studying for certification.

Second, there will be an updated version of the course "Developing APIs with Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform" rolling out around the end of this month. I recommend checking that out -- it has been completely rewritten, and will be available on both Coursera and Pluralsight.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Raffael Vogler,

I cannot directly comment on the exam, since I haven't taken it in quite some time. We are also not allowed to create materials directly based on the exam itself.

However I have a couple of ideas for you. I created the Apigee Platform Learning Guide to try to curate a list of important topics and assets for API Engineers using Apigee. I haven't targeted the test specifically, but some have told me it has helped with studying for certification.

Second, there will be an updated version of the course "Developing APIs with Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform" rolling out around the end of this month. I recommend checking that out -- it has been completely rewritten, and will be available on both Coursera and Pluralsight.

Good luck!

Hey Mike,

thanks for your reply. I've seen your post before - but I'll take another closer look at it. Also thanks for info on the revised courses. Not sure if they come in time but I'll definitely check them out.

Cheers

Raffael

Yes it was very helpful for me in clearing my exam.

simonxuan
Participant II

Same feeling here, I took the exam and would like to understand anything new since my last attempt 12 months ago. I realized there are quite a lot of new contents evolved, such as new extensions for AWS, hybrid planes and local runtime offerings since there. I found Mike's training guide very comprehensive, but I supposed I need more hands-on practices since it is a certified API developer exam. I would rather it has 1-3 flavors of it, such as Certified DevSecOps, System Admin, and Developer, etc. I wondered if I need to study the Apigee repos in the Githut in order to gain more cod-level development experience. Thanks.

Hi .. I gave exam recently and I really found @mike post very helpful in clearing the exam.

Only thing that helps is to prepare really good for the exam, or that is what everyone is saying. I know that there are other ways to pass, but people will judge you. You should not care about that because passing the exam is what is the most important thing. I was always bad on exams and now I have a degree and I have a good job. It is all thanks to https://www.spotoclub.com/ and because of their help. They have real exam question and when you have that you have no chance to fail.