overhead of getting token

jsarl

Can someone share their experience on the time that they are seeing in getting token from Apigee. I am trying to calculate the overhead that I will have if I cal getToken method in Apigee.

We are trying to identify the valid token expiration time. We want to analyze the impact of getting token before the API Product call is made. Is it fair to assume this call in ideal condition should be less than 200ms ?

0 3 167
3 REPLIES 3

what is the getToken() method?

from which place do you have code that calls this method?

Give us more context.

We want to analyze the impact of getting token before the API Product call is made.

What does it mean "the API Product call" ? Elaborate a little.

I need to correct myself. If I create an end point that calls GenerateAccessToken policy flow. What will be the typical time for the execution of this flow. We ask client to get token before calling API, How much time will be spent in the `GenerateAccessToken` policy for client_credential grant type. Will appreciate any approximation on that.

Not applicable

the client credentials grant type in my case is taking average of 1300-1700ms. You can see the token validity every time comes 1 second less than the set expiry time. So, I feel that will not impact your business.