GatewayTimeout in error states TARGET_REQ_FLOW and REQ_SENT

Hi,

I'd like to know the reasons to get Status Code 504 (messaging.adaptors.http.flow.GatewayTimeout) in error stateTARGET_REQ_FLOW. I'm trying to emulate that situation, but I get the GatewayTimeout in error state REQ_SENT. I'd like to know the differences between both cases.

The documentation (Fault Code Refence) just says that the subcategory of this error is Target, but it doesn't explain the error states.

0 2 598
2 REPLIES 2

Hi

I have been able to emulate both cases, but I don't understand why the error state is different in each situation:

1- When the connection to the backend is through URL I get the REQ_SENT error state in case of GatewayTimeout

2- When the connection to the backend is through a TargetServer (cofigured in the environment) I get the TARGET_REQ_FLOW error state in case of GatewayTimeout

Could you explain the difference?

I have the similar issue in 2022 but for 502 error unexpected eof. Is this an Apigee bug? Or maybe when we are using a target server, the Apigee tries to loadbalanced it to another server? but we have only one server that's why we have this in state of REQ_SENT error state to this scenario? Please someone confirms. Thanks