PHP Version Support - 5.5

The pantheon management UI allows selecting 5.3 or 5.5 in each of the deployed environments. Ours has been set to 5.3, and Drupal warns (at the /admin/reports/status page) of using the older version.

Does the developer portal support PHP 5.5? Any known issues?

Solved Solved
1 3 682
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hi @williamking, the Dev Portal works great in PHP 5.5. In fact, we encourage our customers to configure it to run in 5.5, since that version of PHP runs considerably more efficiently. In the upcoming months we will be deprecating support of PHP 5.3 since it is no longer supported upstream.

We have tested the Dev Portal officially in PHP 5.6, and unofficially I have tested it in the PHP 7 betas. Aside from a minor Drupal core issue under PHP 7, everything ran just fine (and nobody is going to be running PHP 7 on a production site for months yet anyhow).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Hi @williamking, the Dev Portal works great in PHP 5.5. In fact, we encourage our customers to configure it to run in 5.5, since that version of PHP runs considerably more efficiently. In the upcoming months we will be deprecating support of PHP 5.3 since it is no longer supported upstream.

We have tested the Dev Portal officially in PHP 5.6, and unofficially I have tested it in the PHP 7 betas. Aside from a minor Drupal core issue under PHP 7, everything ran just fine (and nobody is going to be running PHP 7 on a production site for months yet anyhow).

Thanks @Daniel Johnson. I am in the process of working through our custom code in my local dev environment, and actually already made the 5.5 switch in our deployed dev environment just to test the waters.

Not applicable

If you have custom code, you should be sure to test it thoroughly under PHP 5.5, especially keeping an eye on the "Recent log messages" report. More recent versions of PHP throw more notices and warnings, and those are a good indication that your code could use some tuning.