Is there way to use API keys from my backend application?

Not applicable

I have a backend application with a number of users. There is also an existing API with it own API keys. Now I'm going to develop a new version of API with Apigee.

What is the best way to use existing API keys (one user could have multiple keys and it is controlled by web UI in my app)?

Solved Solved
0 3 613
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Unfortunately, there is no way to import your existing keys into Apigee. The normal process is to version your API and give out keys for the new version of the API. This is probably the cleanest and straight forward way to do this.

If you cannot possibly issue new keys, one possibility is to use a Key-Value Map policy before any OAuth Verify policy and add some logic to check an old key being passed and then use an Assign Message policy to add an Apigee-compliant key. However, this should be considered only if you cannot assign new keys to the new API.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Unfortunately, there is no way to import your existing keys into Apigee. The normal process is to version your API and give out keys for the new version of the API. This is probably the cleanest and straight forward way to do this.

If you cannot possibly issue new keys, one possibility is to use a Key-Value Map policy before any OAuth Verify policy and add some logic to check an old key being passed and then use an Assign Message policy to add an Apigee-compliant key. However, this should be considered only if you cannot assign new keys to the new API.

Not applicable

Thanks, Michael. How many keys can I add to a Key-Value Map? Are there any size limits?

Not applicable

There is no documented limit on the number of keys you can add. Up to a couple thousand entries should work. Would you need more than that?