GCS Extension SignedURL duration

Hi,

I'm using the Apigee Google Cloud Storage Extension with generateSignedURL as action and the expiresOn key. The expiresOn key with a date is quite unhandy in our case, so is it possible to directly set the duration the link is valid (like 1h)? Otherwise can somebody please tell me the date format, are hours allowed?
The duration is also the only parameter the GCP documentation shows for the gsutil signurl command, so I was wondering if this is possible/straight forward.
Thanks
Jonathan

Solved Solved
1 1 257
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi Jonathan

Good question. I see this question has been hanging out there for 4 days now. Sorry about that, I took some time off, and I guess no one else thought to pick it up. (Side comment, I think it would be a good idea to get more expert eyes on this community forum, so people don't have to wait 4 days for answers to straightforward questions.)

To answer the question I'm sure you are thinking, yes I enjoyed my time off. Lots of time outside. 🙂

OK, getting to your *actual* question. This is a good news/ bad news situation. The bad news first: I don't know much about the extension. Beyond what is in the documentation, I don't have any extra insight for you.

The good news: i have an alternative that you may find attractive. The Google "Signed URL" standard is pretty well documented, and it's straightforward, if not simple, to create a signed URL. By straightforward I mean there is a clear set of instructions for what to do, and how to do it. So I created a Java callout that does the work. Find it here.

The logic is :

• create the canonical request
  • create the string to sign
  • sign with the private key
  • create the signed URL

This Java callout should be efficient and reliable. It will perform pretty well.

I wrote about this previously here.

Good luck, and Let me know if you have questions.

If for some reason you'd rather not use the Java callout, and still want assistance with the Extension, then I suggest contacting Apigee support on that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

hi Jonathan

Good question. I see this question has been hanging out there for 4 days now. Sorry about that, I took some time off, and I guess no one else thought to pick it up. (Side comment, I think it would be a good idea to get more expert eyes on this community forum, so people don't have to wait 4 days for answers to straightforward questions.)

To answer the question I'm sure you are thinking, yes I enjoyed my time off. Lots of time outside. 🙂

OK, getting to your *actual* question. This is a good news/ bad news situation. The bad news first: I don't know much about the extension. Beyond what is in the documentation, I don't have any extra insight for you.

The good news: i have an alternative that you may find attractive. The Google "Signed URL" standard is pretty well documented, and it's straightforward, if not simple, to create a signed URL. By straightforward I mean there is a clear set of instructions for what to do, and how to do it. So I created a Java callout that does the work. Find it here.

The logic is :

• create the canonical request
  • create the string to sign
  • sign with the private key
  • create the signed URL

This Java callout should be efficient and reliable. It will perform pretty well.

I wrote about this previously here.

Good luck, and Let me know if you have questions.

If for some reason you'd rather not use the Java callout, and still want assistance with the Extension, then I suggest contacting Apigee support on that.