The revision is deployed and traffic can flow, BUT

Not applicable

Error in deployment for environment test. The revision is deployed and traffic can flow, but flow may be impaired. Call timed out; either server is down or server is not reachable. The revision is deployed and traffic can flow, but flow may be impaired. Call timed out; either server is down or server is not reachable. Deployment Error Revision 2 is deployed with errors in environment test, and cannot be traced. I have un-deployed and re-deployed revision 2 over and over and I still these above error messages. My revision #1 is nothing more than a fresh version with NONE of my code and I still get an error: “Deployment Error Revision 1 is deployed with errors in environment test, and cannot be traced.“ Need someone to find a solution, my API is having problems I don’t think it is of my causing.

Solved Solved
1 14 4,656
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @raasdex, We had a problem with our infrastructure which caused the issues with deployment/tracing of proxies. We have got this problem resolved now. We have tested locally in a few of our orgs and confirmed that we are now able to deploy/trace proxies without any issues. Can you please try deploy/undeploy/trace the proxies in your org now ? If the problem persists, please do let us know. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Not applicable

My recommendation is to open a support ticket. There are a very few issues that can cause deployments to fail like this including PermGen (caching of class definitions on the message processor) memory issues.

Not applicable

My deployments are now clean of errors but I don't how long the joy will last 🙂 I don't make any changes except to un-deploy and re-deploy.

Not applicable

The joy is gone, back to the old problem.

Deployment Error Revision 2 is deployed with errors in environment test, and cannot be traced.

Not applicable

@raasdex This can possibly happen if the deployment fails one or more MPs or routers during the deployment. So if you make an API call to the deployments resource, you should see something like this:

curl -v https://api.e2e.apigee.net/v1/o/{id}/e/{env}/apis/test/deployments

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<APIProxyDeployment name="test">
    <Environment>test</Environment>
    <Organization>nginx</Organization>
    <Revision xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="revisionStatusInEnvironment" name="1">
        <Configuration>
            <BasePath>/</BasePath>
        </Configuration>
        <Server xsi:type="serverDeploymentStatus">
            <Error>Call timed out; either server is down or server is not reachable</Error>
            <UUID>xxxx-yyy-iiii-zzz</UUID>
            <Status>error</Status>
            <Type>message-processor</Type>
        </Server>
            <Error>Call timed out; either server is down or server is not reachable</Error>
            <UUID>abc-12312---</UUID>
            <Status>error</Status>
            <Type>message-processor</Type>
        </Server>
            <UUID>xyz-123</UUID>
            <Status>deployed</Status>
            <Type>router</Type>
        </Server>
            <UUID>123-xyz-234..</UUID>
            <Status>deployed</Status>
            <Type>router</Type>
        </Server>
        <State>error</State>
    </Revision>
</APIProxyDeployment>     

There are few reasons why this can happen, if the management server is not able to reach the message-processor or router, the router/mp, is too busy or under heavy load, scheduled downtimes or code deployments in progress etc.

To recover from you might want to do a force undeploy. Here's the curl command for it:

curl -v "https://api.e2e.apigee.net/v1/o/{id}/apis/test/deployments?action=undeploy&env=test&force=true"

And then try to re-deploy. If you are still stuck with the same error, it probably means that the server has gone bad or something else is wrong which needs the apigee operations team to take a look. At this point, you might have to open a support ticket and get it fixed.

Where did you get that command ?

http://apigee.com/docs/api-services/content/deploy-api-proxies-using-management-api There, de undpeploy is done via DELETE verb

Yes that's the new deployment api, but the one I pasted above should work as well. I am not very certain the DELETE api allows the force=true query param to be passed. The legacy api is handy when you want to force undeploy, because your previous deployment was only partially successful, which means if you try to do a normal undeployment it might throw an error saying proxy is not deployed currently. Hence I pasted the legacy api which could be used to do this.

Thanks for the reply.

Not applicable

It seems to self-correct over time. I have done undeploy/deploy and it's a hit or miss if that corrects the problem at that moment. I have put in a support ticket, we'll see what happens. Seems like this problem only started little over a week or so ago.

@raasdex It would get "deployed" successfully, when the servers in question get restarted because it would then pull the deployment information from the central repository. Do you have a paid org, or is it a trial org ?

I have a free account

@Arghya Das do you have any more bright ideas ? I started following your every step and still no luck

Not applicable

Dear @raasdex, We had a problem with our infrastructure which caused the issues with deployment/tracing of proxies. We have got this problem resolved now. We have tested locally in a few of our orgs and confirmed that we are now able to deploy/trace proxies without any issues. Can you please try deploy/undeploy/trace the proxies in your org now ? If the problem persists, please do let us know. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We are got the same issue "The revision is deployed and traffic can flow, but flow may be impaired. Call timed out" in the afternoon and it is intermittent. Now we are facing the same issue again..

What is immediate fix for this?