Horizontal scaling of postgres DB

Not applicable

Is there a way to horizontally scale postgres DB used by analytics onto multiple nodes. With expansion of tables with new columns starting 1501/1504, analytics component seems to be writing lot of data to the DB and as data grows, the response times for monetization calls seems to increase drastically as the postgres queries seems to be running slow.

It would be a good idea if the OPDK installation can provide an options to choose a data base for analytics instead of going with postgres DB.

1 6 533
6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

Hi @na2379 , I believe when you say monetization calls . you meant analytics APIs right ?

That is correct Maruti.

@Sanjoy Bose can you help with the answer here?

Not applicable

RDBMS is pretty hard to scale out. As of now there is no good solution for Postgres scale out. When you say "choose a data base for analytics" what kind of options can be there ? Is it not possible for to upsize the database node ?

For OPDK installs, instead of postgres as DB for analytics, apigee could have provided plugins to other data bases lets say cassandra etc. That way during analytics install, if postgres does not suite my needs, I can choose other DBs from the available options.

ask your product manager. we were pushing for this last year.