How to connect to IBM DB2 Database from Apigee?

Not applicable

The documentation on 'Apigee Connectors' describe connectivity to backend like MySQL, SalesForce, AWS, etc. But there is no mentioning of connectivity to DB2 backend. Is there any way we can connect to IBM DB2 from Apigee.

Solved Solved
0 1 881
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

My suggestion, if I may without knowing the use case, would be to not connect directly into a Database from your API layer. API layer usually resides at the edge of your enterprise. It is better not to tightly couple the API layer with the database (Usually, your master system of records).

First, expose some web services internally within your enterprise. Some of those web-services could be used for connecting from Apigee layer. You may also need to think about implementing appropriate security, caching in the API layer.

If you really have to connect to DB2 - consider coding an Apigee java-callout policy that would be using DB2 libraries to connect to the target database.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

My suggestion, if I may without knowing the use case, would be to not connect directly into a Database from your API layer. API layer usually resides at the edge of your enterprise. It is better not to tightly couple the API layer with the database (Usually, your master system of records).

First, expose some web services internally within your enterprise. Some of those web-services could be used for connecting from Apigee layer. You may also need to think about implementing appropriate security, caching in the API layer.

If you really have to connect to DB2 - consider coding an Apigee java-callout policy that would be using DB2 libraries to connect to the target database.