Node js as a backend for production.

Can we use Node js as a backend server which can be used in production?

We know Apigee proxy API can handle hundreds of requests in prod. But is it the same for Node js as backend server also. Can Node js as backend server handle such high volumes of requests?

What are your thoughts on this??

Thanks & Best regards,

Amit

Solved Solved
0 5 1,063
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Node.js is commonly used for high I/O API backends.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Node.js is commonly used for high I/O API backends.

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for the reply.

However one question. High I/O API backends means wht actually. Is it applicable to a Node js as a normal backend web server which retrieves data from a database and does some processing.

Or does high I/O backends means something else other than the processing of database records retrieval and the processing of data and returning the processed data.

Thanks & Best regards,

Amit

You're asking a very opinionated question that has a ton of information already available online. I'm not punting, but I don't think I have the resources to get you the information you need that you can't readily do yourself. I can tell you that many companies out there have deployed Node.js as the backend of their APIs for various things and Node.js is heavily used on the backend.

ah ok, Got it.
Thanks Jeremy!!!

Node js based services should be used for specific use cases. Here is a link that outlines some of the use cases. Used node.js services in production environment.

https://www.netguru.com/blog/use-node-js-backend