SMTP Email Password in UI config

Not applicable

Hi - im doing some housekeeping on my config files right now and i noticed that between 14.07 and 15.01 update the following keys were commented out:

mail.smtp.pass: value: ''

mail.smtp.user: value: ''

And we have a nice key in their place.

Any chance there is a blurb about this floating around so I can correctly enforce configuration?

Solved Solved
0 2 263
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can configure the SMTP server used by Edge by using the ui-set-smtp.sh script in the /opt/apigee4/bin directory. That will set the username and password for you. Edge now encrypts that information rather than setting it in clear text.

Stephen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can configure the SMTP server used by Edge by using the ui-set-smtp.sh script in the /opt/apigee4/bin directory. That will set the username and password for you. Edge now encrypts that information rather than setting it in clear text.

Stephen

Thats a neat change - and kind of annoying as it created a situation where we suddenly lost configuration entries we had been managing w/ no direct explanation.

Ill happily pay the price w/ the slightly enhanced security - but I have to wonder - was this change communicated out to anyone?