Storing custom registration fields for a user

We're using the developer registration page on the integrated portal (Apigee Edge for Public cloud) and have added 2 custom fields to capture additional date from users ( Company and Phone #) ... which works fine. We would also like to reference this data at a future date as required. Unfortunately I'm not seeing this data stored anywhere, which seems odd to me. Then I found info in the docs, which to me, seems to be a bit contradictory.

--- The first bit says:

When a portal user provides data for a custom registration field, the content is displayed in the Users details. If you disable or remove a custom registration field, the custom information moves to the Legacy Data column in the Users list. See Manage developer accounts

--- Then directly following this is states:

Note: The custom registration fields are not stored on Edge.

My hope was these data elements would have been stored as custom attributes for the developer user, but they seem to be completely discarded which leads me to wondering what's the point of even having them on the form at all.

Hoping someone might be able to help me understand this a bit better, obviously I could just be missing something which is very possible. Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 2 210
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve,

I can see how this is confusing. The custom registration fields are not stored in Edge/Developers. They are stored in the portal's identity provider system. Pending an upcoming release, the fields will be visible in the list of portal users. This list is currently accessible under the Developer Programs UI, but will soon move under Portals.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve,

I can see how this is confusing. The custom registration fields are not stored in Edge/Developers. They are stored in the portal's identity provider system. Pending an upcoming release, the fields will be visible in the list of portal users. This list is currently accessible under the Developer Programs UI, but will soon move under Portals.

Thx Rod. So am I correct in assuming these values will be available when pulling back Developer details via the API?