how to make proxy base path dynamic

i want to make my basepath dynamic .e.g. host/v1/proxy. in place of v1 user may give v2/v3 both should work. These dynamic basepath is for single proxy

Thanks

0 4 1,307
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Shaikh basepath need to be static,

So you can have basepath as - '/host' for your proxy, it can listen for anything /host/**

You can create flows within it like /*/proxy -> to handle all v1, v2 and v3..

Thanks,

Not applicable

@Alex Koo, I believe you tested this one and proved that Edge now supports wildcards in the basepath. So it should support this pattern. I know this is easy to test this. But, for those as lazy as I am 🙂 If you have an API bundle handle and it's fresh, could you share it here? Thanks!

Wildcards are supported in basepath. You can see in this example proxy bundle to /*/tests

E.g., GET /v1/tests and GET /v2/tests will both go through this bundle, as visible in wildcardtest-rev1-2017-08-02.zip via trace tool.

When I used dynamic basepath and use it in path as well e.g. <Path>{proxy.basepath}</Path> in my target endpoint the evaluation gets * and not the actual value. I can overcome this by using {message.uri} but with that I have to set target.copy.pathsuffix as false. Any suggestion?