How does one go about creating a new custom attribute on an existing developer app.

sandens
Participant I

We are using a custom process to approve a new developer app's API key. We poll for needed approvals, populate a queue which is consumed by an app that interfaces with Service Now that kicks off an approval workflow. I wanted to use a custom attribute to show that the approval process in underway and then eventually complete.

Is there a way, that I'm not seeing , in the management API that allows for a new attribute to be added to the 'to be' approved app. This is allowed in the UI, so I was expecting this to allowed in the API, but but not seeing it. .. One can list them, update then and delete them, but not seeing create.

Thanks

Solved Solved
1 2 238
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are correct, there is no specific method exposed in the Apigee admin API to just create one new attribute on an app.

The way to do what you want is to read-then-update.

Get the list of attributes, add the one you want, then Update (PUT) just the attributes back to the app.

GET /v1/o/ORGNAME/developers/ID_OR_EMAIL/apps/APPID

...extract JUST attributes...

PUT /v1/o/ORGNAME/developers/ID_OR_EMAIL/apps/APPID
content-type:application/json

{
  "attributes" : [ ... ]
}

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You are correct, there is no specific method exposed in the Apigee admin API to just create one new attribute on an app.

The way to do what you want is to read-then-update.

Get the list of attributes, add the one you want, then Update (PUT) just the attributes back to the app.

GET /v1/o/ORGNAME/developers/ID_OR_EMAIL/apps/APPID

...extract JUST attributes...

PUT /v1/o/ORGNAME/developers/ID_OR_EMAIL/apps/APPID
content-type:application/json

{
  "attributes" : [ ... ]
}

Awesome! .. Thx.