shared flows best practice

Hi,

Currently, I am using one shared flow for reusability so I want to know any risk while using method operations like GET,POST

@Dino-at-Google @Siddharth Barahalikar @Dino @Sai Saran VaidyanathanPlease suggest any scenario for the use case.

0 3 239
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @vishnuvardhan kolli - Shared flow is meant for re-usability. Not sure what risk you are referring to. Can you provide more info as to what you plan to do with the Sharedflow. The above info is not enough for us to tell. But in general, Sharedflow is meant for reusability. You might want to check your use case to see if it has any risk

Hi

Are there any recommended shared flows for the following methods:

get, delete, patch, put, post;

Which methods are used when and list any associated risk when using them. Are there any best practices around these 5 methods while validating using Shared Flows: get, post, put, patch, and delete.

Please find the info.

@vishnuvardhan kolli - not sure I understand your question ? GET,POST, PUT, PATCH and DELETE are HTTP Methods and they perform certain operations in the REST World. For example GET is used to fetch the records in your collection, POST is to create a record, etc.

I dont know what you mean by best practices around these. My only advice is to make sure you are following REST standards while using these HTTP methods.

As I mentioned earlier, Sharedflows are meant for re-usability. If you have a set of policies that will be executed in many proxies, instead of adding them in each proxy, you can just put that in a Sharedflow and call that from your proxy. In the future, if the logic changes, just update the Sharedflow, all the proxies that call this Sharedflow will automatically take the change.

Hope that clarified. Please elaborate your question and use case if my response is still not complete for you