UnexpectedEOFAtTarget

Hi All,

Im receiving an unexpectedTargetEOF and Backend fault Code :502 Exception for few API requests, for the same API requests I could get response, however, for the same API, few requests are failing with 502, if I'm making API request from backend it is successfully able to serve the request and also backend server cluster is healthy. Only when making API request from apigee, few requests for the same api is throwing unexpected target EOF and for few its success with 200.

Please help me regarding the same

Regards,

Saran.

0 3 1,069
3 REPLIES 3

@Saran GIDDALURU,

Have you checked the possible causes listed here - https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/troubleshoot/runtime/502-bad-gateway

Hi Saran,

Is there any loadbalancer between Apigee and your backend.If yes,then it can be loadbalancer issue.

How are you sure that load balancer can cause EOF issue? My observation is that when disable connection pooling , we don’t see EOF and when we have connections pooling , we see EOF. We also have a load balancer between Apigee and the back end proxy (which is also Apigee). However, when we hit the back end directly via the LB , we don’t see the EOF issue.When we connect the LB through a proxy we see the issue.