How to transfer applications from Apigee Edge to Drupal portal 8

andrewshytiy
Participant II

Hi everyone!

I have an Apigee Private Cloud installation (on-premise). I recently uninstalled the portal 7.69 and installed the portal version 8.8.5. I can not synchronize my applications that are in Edge with the portal. In both environments, I work under the same account. In Edge I am the organization administrator. I am the administrator on the portal. These are my applications in Edge:

9891-clipboard01.jpg

I have no applications on the portal. My products have public access level.

If I try to create an application on the portal, I see a list of my products. Is it possible to transfer applications from Edge?

Solved Solved
0 5 167
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am assuming you are running on Drupal 8-based portal based on the data provided. Drupal-based portals do not store application information but retrieve it from edge thought MGMT api calls. Refer the following documentation for details: https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/drupal/communicating-between-developer-services-portal-... . While this refers Drupal 7-based portals, behavior is the same in Drupal 8-based portals. Could you try clearing your portal cache and see if that helps? Also confirm that the email address of your accounts is the same on edge and in portal.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I am assuming you are running on Drupal 8-based portal based on the data provided. Drupal-based portals do not store application information but retrieve it from edge thought MGMT api calls. Refer the following documentation for details: https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/drupal/communicating-between-developer-services-portal-... . While this refers Drupal 7-based portals, behavior is the same in Drupal 8-based portals. Could you try clearing your portal cache and see if that helps? Also confirm that the email address of your accounts is the same on edge and in portal.

Hi, Arungopal! Yes, you are right! My mistake was that I was guided by the username, which is represented as email, not the email itself. Now I can not change email for my drupal account 😞

In the portal of the 7th version, developers could be synchronized. Is it possible in the new version? Thanks.

Yes, synchronized. But now I have this situation: in Drupal I have my account with email B, and in Edge there are 2 my accounts with the same name and different email: A and B. I would like to change the password in Drupal account to A.

This cannot be done through GUI - This email address already belongs to a developer on Apigee Edge.

As far as I know, I can’t just change the user’s email in the database. The first thing that comes to mind is to create another administrator account in drupal, somehow remove the Drupal account with email B and synchronize it with Edge?

Are there any solutions?

I changed the username with email B, and after that I synchronized.

The main thing to remember that email is a key field.

Thanks!