Custom domain for portal in different environment

I have 3 portals and 3 custom domains. One each for dev, test and prod environments.

However, to configure DNS I see same entry for all the three portals that I have

9843-cd.png

How do I configure different portals for different custom domain names ?

0 2 313
2 REPLIES 2

@Nikhil Chagatoor Rudramuni Gowda

Portals are not scoped to environments but are scoped at org level. When you configure a custom domain, couple of resources are created:

1. A virtual host using the custom domain name you specify.

2. An API proxy using the custom domain URL with its target endpoint set to the default portal domain is deployed in the 'portal' environment. The name of the API proxy matches the custom domain name with the periods replaced by underscores. For example, a custom domain like "developer-portal.domain.com" will result in a proxy like "developer-portal_domain_com"

Since in your case, your have 3 custom domains, separate virtualhosts and proxies will be created. Please refer to the documentation here for more details.

Thank you for the answer arungopal. Helped me understand better about how the portals are configured in the back

I was able to create CNAME records on our DNS (for all the domains that I was interested in) against a single value org.apigee.net and it seems to be working fine so far.