SMTP Configuration: How would I find the originating IP so that we can whitelist on our backend?

I am currently configuring the integrated portal on Apigee cloud. As part of the smtp configuration on our backend, we need to whitelist the originating IP address or the smtp request (The IP address where the originating email is coming from to be relayed.) I've currently configured the backend to accept the two IP addresses corresponding to our proxy Message Processors. However, when sending a test verification email (by clicking Developer Programs -> Configuration -> Identity Providers -> Built-in) we are getting a 504 gateway timeout.

Would the originating IP address be different than the two IP addresses corresponding to our proxy message processors? I noticed when looking at one of the old verification emails before SMTP was configured, the ones from no-reply@google.com that there is an IP address at Received: from that is different than the Message Processor IP addresses. Would it be valid to white list this Received: from IP address found in one of the original no-reply account verification emails?

0 2 153
2 REPLIES 2

The Message Processors are just for the API runtime traffic. With that said, static ip addresses are not available for the integrated portal.

We are also facing the same issue with a custom SMTP setup, and we are not able to send emails through the server and receiving timed out error.

Is there any step by step instructions to setup SMTP on Public integrated portals and configure custom mail address instead of @google.com.

Regards

Hemanth