how do i create custom report with traffic by App?,i want report of traffic by app?

i want to see the api traffic by App ,so i tried to create a custom report and in dimension dropdown i didnt find the 'app' so i selected 'client_id' and it displayed 'consumer key' of apps with alphanumeric (VgmwHTsMrGFSQTp..)so its not user friendly,any help is appreciated

i tried to create a custom report to find the traffic by App

and i dont see 'app' in the dimension dropdown so i choose client_id and i see in the report it display the consumer key ,so how do i get the actual App name in the report ?

Solved Solved
0 2 141
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There's a "Developer App" dimension that you can use. You should note that app names don't have to be unique. ie you may have multiple apps with the same name belonging to different developers.

Because of this, I wonder if it's more useful to create a custom statistic instead that combines a developer attribute with the app name instead and use that. This gives you both context of the app in terms of developer and avoids the issue of apps with the same name being summed together in the report.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There's a "Developer App" dimension that you can use. You should note that app names don't have to be unique. ie you may have multiple apps with the same name belonging to different developers.

Because of this, I wonder if it's more useful to create a custom statistic instead that combines a developer attribute with the app name instead and use that. This gives you both context of the app in terms of developer and avoids the issue of apps with the same name being summed together in the report.

Thanks Dane, it worked