Multiple revisions deployed in same environment with same basepath

Hello,

I am using apigee management api to deploy(seem less) a proxy revision. Till sometime back it was working fine. But today when I run my script I am seeing two revisions deployed in same environment.

This is not a free organization. I am using api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1

@Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena, I see a bug fix on similar issue by you.

Thanks,

Pheneendra G.

0 11 582
11 REPLIES 11

What arguments do you pass to the management API? Show the call.

When I do this with override=true and delay=60, I get 2 revisions for 60 seconds. Then the older revision goes away.

Is this what you're seeing?

Hello Dino,

/deployments?override=true&delay=10
tried with
/deployments?override=true&delay=0

And for how long does the condition persist, in which you have 2 API proxies deployed? Does it last for 10 seconds? Or does it last indefinitely?

It lasts indefinitely, I need to un-deploy manually

I suggest that you contact Apigee support to help diagnose that issue.

Hi @phenendra gadipoodi

Can you confirm if the basepath of the proxy for both revisions are the same ? If the basepath is different then the proxy deploys it as a new revision (always)

Yes I confirm, basepathis same.

If you change any other config like Virtual host, that also will create a new revision. If you have another VH, then Apigee assumes its a new API, so please check that too

As I added a comment above, I am doing changes to virtual hosts.

I liked the existing implementation of apigee.

However I would like to have feature like where it allows to deploy a new revision(regardless of the change) and seamlessly(with no downtime) may be a new param "HardOverride=true".

It is nice to check the feasibility(technical) of this feature.

I found something interesting. Below are two tests, I have done.
Test case 1:
1. Created a new revision from currently deployed revision without modifying anything
2. Then I ran my script to deploy the revision created above
3. It all worked fine, I mean old revision undeployed(as expected)

Test case 2: it is not working
1. I have removed existing virtual hosts from the proxy and added a new virtual host entry
2. Saved as new revision
3. Ran my script to deploy new revision created above step and it is not working as expected. I mean two revisions are in deployed state.

The only difference in above two cases is, in non working case new revision has virtual host addition. I read we can have two revisions deployed if there is change in base path. But that is not the case.

However I feel if we pass override=true then it should override exiting deployed version.

I have created a ticket to support team, let's see if I can get some information.

Not applicable

Yes, I was facing a similar issue. We were using apigeetool to deploy the proxy. I found in the script that the delete previous revision was commented on. So, I uncommented and tried, it worked for me. Basically what it was doing is after deploying new revision in a particular environment, it undeployes the older one deployed in that environment which internally works simillar to apigee delete management api call to undeploy. So, if you find the issue persists, you can add another script to undeploy previsous revision in your CI CD pipeline.