503 Service unavailable error

Hi All,

I tried to create a proxy with for an api which is sitting in internal server. But always I am getting 503 service unavailable error. I deployed the same api to a different internal server but getting same error.

When I checked trace out put I observed that target.ip is showing wrong ip address.

I tried with around 3 end-points on three different servers, but for all these servers target.ip is showing as same ip address.

Any help in this is highly appreciated.

Thanks

P

0 4 8,171
4 REPLIES 4

@Prakasham Maheepathy,

Please provide more details.

Is it on-prem Apigee edge or cloud?

Note: you can not route to your internal servers from Apigee cloud unless your network is opened up for access from Apigee cloud.

Are you using a url for the target endpoint or a target server configuration?

Do you have multiple targets is it possible that the routerule to a different target is getting satisfied?

As a preliminary step, have you checked the root cause listed in https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/troubleshoot/runtime/503-service-unavailable#northbound-and-sou...

Not applicable

A 503 Service Unavailable Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that your web server operates properly, but it can't temporarily handle the request at the moment. This error happen for a wide variety of reasons. Normally, this error can be due to a temporary overloading or maintenance being performed on the server and it is resolved after a period of time or once another thread has been released by web-server application. A 503 service unavailable is a temporary condition and the caller should retry after a reasonable period of time. Also check the http response headers for the description of the 503 error.

Then your backend is resolving to a wrong ip. Can you hardcode the url in target endpoint and try? also share the trace, so that it will help to debug more.

Common causes are a server that is down for maintenance or that is overloaded. This response should be used for temporary conditions and the Retry-After HTTP header should, if possible, contain the estimated time for the recovery of the service. In most cases this could happen (assuming there are no faults in your app) if there are long running tasks and as a result the request queue is backed up. Almost always, the 503 Service Unavailable Error is on the website itself and there's nothing you can do about it but try again later. Please contact your hosting company to solve the error messages.