Message Logging to PostgreSQL?

Hi Team

We are on Apigee Public cloud and we want to collect the Logs of every transaction from the API proxies we have hosted on UAT and PROD environments.
We are looking to do it using Message Logging policy in Post Client flow to do it Asynchronously and avoid any Latency. At the same time, we do not have any dedicated Log Management server like Loggly, Splunk, Logstash etc in order to push the logs and do not intend to procure one at the moment.
1. We have a Postgres Sql DB on Azure cloud, where we are planning to collect the Apigee Logs. Can we push the logs to this Postgres db using SysLog protocol? or anything that ML policy PostgreSQL supports?
2. Any option that you are aware of, to push and maintain the logs with minimal cost?

Your kind assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sajan Mathew

0 3 254
3 REPLIES 3

MessageLogging can send log records to a Syslog endpoint. I'm not an expert on PostgreSQL, so I don't know if PostgreSQL has a syslog listener. If PostgreSQL in Azure is reachable via a syslog endpoint, then MEssageLogging can log to it.

If that doesn't work, there may be another alternative. If the PostgreSQL is reachable via HTTP, then... You can do it. You can ask Apigee support to enable ServiceCallout in the PostClientFlow. Then use ServiceCallout to send data to PostgreSQL.

Hi @Dino

Is it possible to activate the ServiceCallout in PostClientFlow in OPDK?

Thanks
Tommy

I don't know the answer to that! But I suppose via cwc , it is possible.

Can you log a query to Apigee support, please?

@Alex Toombs maybe you know....