Deploy reverse proxy to a particular region / country.

Assuming I have a service deployed in Germany and I want to use APIgee in front of it.

Is there a way to make sure the APIgee Reverse Proxy is deployed close to that region / country where my service is deployed so the requests don't come all the way US for example if the is user making the requests from Germany?

Thank you!

0 5 417
5 REPLIES 5

sidd-harth
Participant V

There is no option in the proxy level to deploy it to a particular region. But you can install and run Apigee on-prem in your own region or even if you go with Apigee Cloud get it deployed near your region.

If you are already installed Apigee in US for your US based customers and if you want to use the same for your services deployed in Germany for Germany users then you can look at Microgateway.

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/microgateway/3.1.x/overview-edge-microgateway

Reduce latency of API traffic for services that run in close proximity. For example, if your API consumers and producers are in close proximity(Germany), you do not necessarily want APIs to go through a central gateway(US).

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response! Does the Microgateway cost extra or is included with the regular service?

AFAIK it is open source.

You may have two conflicting requirements. One is your first statement is, make sure the proxy is close to the region/country where your servce is deployed which I'm assuming refers to your backend service? The latter is is "user making the requests from Germany" as an example, which is your consumers.

If you're using Apigee Cloud, you can have it in multiple regions and it will serve your consumers based on latency. Or when purchasing Apigee cloud you can specify a region from the ones available.

Thank you Dane! Very helpful answer.