Which log file to monitor for Apigee OPDK-Best Practices

Hi,

Have listed question:

1.What’s the recommended level of logging for Dev and UAT and Production ? Maintaining INFO is fine @ all Env (From Dev to Prod) should be good ? or whats the recemendations for Each Apigee component ? does it vary ? like few Apigee Component its DEBUG for other INFO ?

2.We have multiple log file for Apigee component (as listed below) how to understand & decide which log file is required and discarded (not to back it up) ? Like for Management Server we have management.server.log & system.log,access.log,audit.log,etc.. and for router we have additionally router logs etc.. Most of them looks useful but whats really make sense to not to overload the Enterprise logging system..

4. Whats the Log rotation policy in terms of Size of each file Max number and back up each 24hrs etc..

Do we have any known practices based on same.. We will use Enterprise Logging (Splkunk/ELK) but would like to know how do we manage the logging when coming to diefferent env

Solved Solved
0 1 253
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

log-level info is fine. If you face space issues in the future you can make that to error.

I normally use nginx log, message processor system log and management server logs. For the message-logging policy, the logs are stored in a different directory with proxy name.

Log rotation for nginx is not happening by default. system logs are log rotated. You can modify this. I have configured to 10mb in my case.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

log-level info is fine. If you face space issues in the future you can make that to error.

I normally use nginx log, message processor system log and management server logs. For the message-logging policy, the logs are stored in a different directory with proxy name.

Log rotation for nginx is not happening by default. system logs are log rotated. You can modify this. I have configured to 10mb in my case.