Stackdriver logging - Asynchronous call

Can I use message logging policy to log message in stackdriver? if not what is the alternate solution to log messages asynchronously in stackdriver without any latency?

Solved Solved
0 7 579
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If Extensions are available in your Apigee account then you could use Google Stackdriver Logging Extension,

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/reference/extensions/google-stackdriver-logging/google-stackdri...

Message logging policy uses either TCP or UDP protocol to send the logs, I have never used Stackdriver so not sure if it accepts TCP/UDP.

View solution in original post

ServiceCallout will soon be available in PostClientFlow.

Therefore you will be able to use ServiceCallout . Ask your support representative to enable availability of this feature in your organization.

And see here for an example that uses ServiceCallout to connect with Stackdriver.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If Extensions are available in your Apigee account then you could use Google Stackdriver Logging Extension,

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/reference/extensions/google-stackdriver-logging/google-stackdri...

Message logging policy uses either TCP or UDP protocol to send the logs, I have never used Stackdriver so not sure if it accepts TCP/UDP.

ServiceCallout will soon be available in PostClientFlow.

Therefore you will be able to use ServiceCallout . Ask your support representative to enable availability of this feature in your organization.

And see here for an example that uses ServiceCallout to connect with Stackdriver.

Thanks Dino. That's a very Helpful feature to have Service call out in Post-client Flow. Do we know when can we expect this ?

It's available now, but You need to contact Apigee Support to request enabling this capability for your organization.

I don't know if or when ServiceCallout in PostClientFlow will transition into a by-default available feature as opposed to a by-request available feature. You can ask Support that question I guess.

Hi @Dino

Is the ServiceCallout now available on PostClientFlow?

Yes, it's available. But, You need to contact Apigee Support to request enabling this capability for your organization.

I don't know if ServiceCallout in PostClientFlow will transition into a by-default available feature as opposed to a by-request available feature. You can ask Support that question I guess.

Thank you, I will ask support