Apigee maven plugin to perform release

Trying to see if Apigee maven plugin supports to perform release without deploying archive on Apigee Edge and just upload the archive into nexus. Following are the commands i wish to run to pushing snapshot and release into nexus.

mvn clean deploy -Ptest -> to push snapshot version to nexus

mvn release:perform -> to push release version to nexus,

Plugin reports with following error on both the cases

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 15.0px Menlo; color: #f2f2f2; background-color: #000000; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} span.s2 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures; color: #2fb41d} span.s3 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures; color: #ffffff} span.s4 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures; color: #2eaebb}

Failed to execute goal io.apigee.build-tools.enterprise4g:apigee-edge-maven-plugin:1.1.6:deploy(default-cli) on project uComHostedPagesServices: : MojoExecutionException: NullPointerException -> [Help 1]

Plugin version

<plugin> <groupId>io.apigee.build-tools.enterprise4g</groupId> <artifactId>apigee-edge-maven-plugin</artifactId> <version>1.1.6</version> </plugin>

Solved Solved
0 9 437
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Prabanand Karunanithi

You can use apigee-enterprise:configure to create the bundle (zip). The bundle is stored in the target directory. Then in your pom file you can push it to your nexus using the standard maven command. Please be aware, this artifact that is created does not include a ".pom" file so it will need to be done manually if you want to push. Or else you can run a curl command to push this artifact to your Nexus system.

The whole point of this plugin is to package your source code and deploy it to Apigee.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@Prabanand Karunanithi

You can use apigee-enterprise:configure to create the bundle (zip). The bundle is stored in the target directory. Then in your pom file you can push it to your nexus using the standard maven command. Please be aware, this artifact that is created does not include a ".pom" file so it will need to be done manually if you want to push. Or else you can run a curl command to push this artifact to your Nexus system.

The whole point of this plugin is to package your source code and deploy it to Apigee.

Thanks for the reply Sai, When I ran the configure command I get below error

/Users/project/target/test-0.0.3-SNAPSHOT.zip (No such file or directory) -> [Help 1]

What was the command you ran ? Did you pass the profile into too ?

I ran below command,

mvn apigee-enterprise:configure -Ptest

This time i got,

Failed to execute goal io.apigee.build-tools.enterprise4g:apigee-edge-maven-plugin:1.1.6:configure(default-cli) on project testServices: null: MojoExecutionException -> [Help 1]

Can you share your pom ? I guess you have a copy-resource plugin setup to copy the source code to the target directory. So in that case, just the apigee-enterprise:configure will not help as it cannot find the files in the target directory. To get this to work, run the below command

mvn process-resources apigee-enterprise:configure -Ptest

or even try

mvn package -Ptest

Assuming the configure goal in your pom has the phase set as package

<execution>
  <id>configure-bundle-step</id>
  <phase>package</phase>
  <goals>
    <goal>configure</goal>
  </goals>
</execution>

Both commands looks to be working. Thanks for your guidance!

Glad that works !

can someone please explain to me how to get all the data from my org/env into required maven structure? all proxies, prdoucts,etc .