Detach old proxy and Attach new proxy in Product without changing clients

I have a Proxy V1 which I want to decommission without impacting my client Applications, for which I need to reuse my existing product. My new Proxy V2, will have the same URL of the previous V1 and same request/response metadata, so I don't want to keep both of them and its not possible either.

I know one way to do it is use the existing Developer App to detach the existing proxy and attach the new one, but what if I no longer have access to the Developer/Team App? Can I create a new Developer/Team app and replace the proxy V1 with V2 in Product? Will it cause the clients to update anything at their end?

Thank you,

Himalay

0 2 96
2 REPLIES 2

Keeping in mind the relationship is Developer -> App(s) -> API Product(s) -> API Proxy(ies), would you not want to just update the API Product?

With that said, what has lead you to having a new "v2" proxy that has the same URL, same request/response of your existing proxy?

+1

@Himalay Majumdar how come the new proxy has the same URL? At least the basePath would be different, which would force the clients to change/update the URL.