Removal of Developers from Developer Portals

Hi Team

I have a scenario: I have 50 developers registered via Developer Portal. Now if 1 Developer left the organisation, so is there any way we can remove that 1 Developer from Portal automatically. Please suggest.

Regards

Pratyush

0 4 116
4 REPLIES 4

@Pratyush Singh

You can use Management API call to achieve that.

https://apidocs.apigee.com/management/apis/delete/organizations/%7Borg_name%7D/developers/%7Bdevelop...

Alternatively you can login to portal as a portal administrator and can cancel a user account. Although this is manual way

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/drupal/add-and-manage-user-accounts#cancellingauseracco...

@Jayesh Upadhyay Thank you again for quick response 🙂

One more query i have related to it. Suppose i have 10 developers today then i can track & delete them but tomorrow if the number of developers got increase to 100+ and then if anyone leave the company so how to know whether he/she has left and then automatically we can delete via Management API. Can you please throw some light on this query as how to tackle this. My concern is problem is handling a large number of developers account and delete it once he/she leave.

Regards

Pratyush

@Pratyush Singh

I understand what you are trying to achieve.

I would say this will depend on company's internal procedures.I presume all the users will be part of Organization AD accounts and developers created on Dev portal using same accounts.When someone leaves the organization AD accounts will be deleted.Ask the same team to call this Management API call to clean up the developer from dev portal.You can also create proxy wrapper around this management API call and expose this functionality as Apigee proxy end point to make it simple to consume.you can design the solution based on company's internal procedure and consuming Management API call to automate this.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jayesh

@Jayesh Upadhyay Thank you so much for your all inputs and help 🙂