virtual host cannot connect

sbussa
Participant I

Hi,

I have created a virtual host on apigee say api-<mycompany>.com, the TLS keystore attached to this virtual host has common name same as api-<mycompany>.com. Attached this virtual host to a proxy, but when a request is fired, this virtual host is unreachable, cannot resolve the domain name of virtual host.

1 suggestion was to create a CNAME record for api-<mycompany>.com to point to the default secure host [org]-[environment].apigee.net. Will this be ok, and who has to create the CNAME record, my company or apigee? as the virtual host domain name is created and hosted on apigee.

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 3 291
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there

Your <mycompany>.com or api-<mycompany.com> is still your own domain name that you have created outside of Apigee and control / maintain outside of Apigee. You need to update the CNAME for it yourself.

With that said is there a reason why you're using a separate domain from <mycompany>.com, and not using an api subdomain?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi there

Your <mycompany>.com or api-<mycompany.com> is still your own domain name that you have created outside of Apigee and control / maintain outside of Apigee. You need to update the CNAME for it yourself.

With that said is there a reason why you're using a separate domain from <mycompany>.com, and not using an api subdomain?

Hi Dane, thanks for the reply.we are using api-<mycompany.com> since we can only get our certs signed with that domain. Given this, when our company cname entry points to apigee.net address and when the request comes to apigee, how does apigee determine to pickup our virtual host(with dns alias api-<mycompany>.com) since request comes to apigee.net?

The request will have a Host header which the Apigee Router uses to determine the virtual host. The docs on host aliases for cloud explains how it works step by step

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/fundamentals/virtual-hosts#abouthostaliasesanddnsnames