Apigee Callback URL uses

I would like to send data to subscribed developers and would like to use the callback url that i will have them provide.
Is this possible?
Apart from Oath2.0 what other uses are there for the Callback URI?

Solved Solved
1 5 1,306
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Joan

You could add a url that's different to the callback as a custom attribute on the developer's application for example. However, how are you expecting to trigger when the data is sent back?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Joan

You could add a url that's different to the callback as a custom attribute on the developer's application for example. However, how are you expecting to trigger when the data is sent back?

Thanks for the response @dane knezic.

That is my main question, can we use the callback url's for any other thing? sending data for example and if it is possible, how is it done and is there documentation somewhere I can read to better understand callback urls
Thanks

The callback url is for use during 3 legged oauth. I'd suggest it'd be less confusing to instead designate a custom attribute for what you're trying to do. You can then retrieve the custom attribute as part of an API proxy.

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/creating-apps-surface-your-api#register

I would not recommend using the OAuth2 callback URI for any alternative purpose. There is too much possibility for confusion.

Also as Dane mentioned, In Apigee, there is a good way to accomplish what you want, which is, I think: registering and storing a URI through which an Apigee proxy (or an upstream system) could push data to the client.

That storage mechanism in Apigee is called "custom attributes". You can attach custom attributes to the developer, to the developer app, or to the credential on the app. You can set up your Apigee developer portal to require the collection of such custom attributes when developers register new applications.

And then the 2nd part of your challenge is to USE that stored URL; figuring that out, would be up to you.

Thanks @Dino-at-Google and @dane knezic.

Do you know if monetization will capture the push I make to the endpoints i will have stored in the Custom attributes?