python script policy roadmap

What is the future of python script policies?

The documentation says that the version of jython is 2.5.2, a version apparently released in 2011, before the json library was included in python/jython.

Given the long length of time since the jython library has been updated in Apigee, I was wondering if anyone can provide some insight into whether Python Script Policy support going to be upgraded or deprecated in the future.

Thank you.

1 3 228
3 REPLIES 3

There's been no communication that the policy is being deprecated, so I suppose that means it's going to work for at least 1 year out. (I think the stated T's & C's for Apigee assert that we will provide at least one year of notice before disabling a feature).

But I don't know about plans for upgrade or update.

robinm

Refer other community posts, such as
https://community.apigee.com/questions/6748/python-documentation-supported-libraries-etc.html

It doesn't look like anybody fancies Python, so you have to live with the old Pythonscript implementation.
Apparently you can add additional libraries to your org manually, but I am not sure it is worth the effort..

Best of luck.

If you're interested in a cloud based solution to using a newer version of Python, you may want to look into Cloud Functions on Google Cloud. This enables you to deploy code with Python 3.x, and it's then possible to have an Apigee API proxy securely send requests to this with service callouts