How to set API Product custom attributes as required fields

We would like to force our developers to populate some custom attributes to API Product every time it's created. Is there a way to set them as required fields to ensure API Product is created only in case those attributes are passed, for ex, API Product is created only in case there're custom attributes with names 'auth_type' and 'access_type'?

Thanks!

0 3 217
3 REPLIES 3

How are you creating the API Products?

• Manually using the Edge UI?
    • AFAIK, it not possible to customize Edge UI pages to make custom attributes as mandatory fields.
  • Using Maven Plugin through some CI/CD process?
    • If you are using some CICD process then maybe you could have a Manual Step to check the values in edge.json using JQ or something else.
    • If you don't find the values, fail the build.

Hello Siddharth,

How can I use these custom attributes in apigee.

eg For a product API I have set the username and password and want to pass it in the header to the proxies of those products. Is it possible to achieve this?

Please ask a new question. You can refer to this question in the new question, if it makes sense.

When you ask the new question, please provide additional detail and clarity for your particular situation. I'm reading your sentence above and i'm not clear on what you are asking "I have set the username and password and want to pass it in the header" - Not clear what you want to do. So I suggest that you provide more context when you ask your new question. Maybe give an example. Describe what the inbound request will be, what happens in Apigee, and what the outbound request should be.