Maven plugin deployment error

semihural
Participant I

Hi,

I can able to deploy my proxy but still receive an error as below. What is the reason of that maven-plugin:1.1.7:deploy send nullpointer exception?

Response returned by the server 
200  OK
accept-encoding: gzip
content-length: 0
date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 11:56:13 GMT
strict-transport-security: [max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains; preload;]
null
[ERROR] null
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time:  5.846 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-12-18T12:56:06+01:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal io.apigee.build-tools.enterprise4g:apigee-edge-maven-plugin:1.1.7:deploy (deploy-bundle-step) on project wiservice_api_v1: : MojoExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[Pipeline] slackSend
1 8 366
8 REPLIES 8

I got same error, and I don't know how to solve it. Someone can help us? Please

@tania - I guess you are missing the bundle itself as I am seeing Content Length is 0. Are you sure you are running the configure task before the deploy ? Please share more info if you can like what command are you running, etc

Have you successfully deployed with the plugin previously, without seeing this error?

Is this happening with just one project, or all projects?

This is the first time that I have ever trying this

I guess you are missing the bundle itself as I am seeing Content Length is 0. Are you sure you are running the configure task before the deploy ?

Looks like its another issue in this case - The Management API (deploy/undeploy) is not returning a response. The plugin expects a response and parses the response to check if it was deployed or undeployed. In this case, it is throwing exception due to that. We have a bug (b/146520840) opened to check this

Hi @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan, Do you have update to fix this bug?

@Semih Ural- this is not a bug in the plugin. As discussed, this is with the Management server itself.